Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Welcome Back Journalism Assignment


I really like this photo for multiple reasons, first is because of the perspective, it makes the neighborhood and houses in it feel very small. As well as showing how on one side their is civilization but on the other their is only sand.


I have seen many pictures that were taken in this "Hallway" and is a place I, as a photographer, really want to go and visit. Especially at sunset in the fall because thats when it makes the walls look pink and then blue in some areas.

This is a long exposure picture that shows the northern lights, which to me is very beautiful to say the least. The amount of color in this picture really drew me in and had me staring at it for a while. I have shot many long exposure photos but never of the northern lights or having the stars be that visible due to light pollution in the area that I live.


I thought that biggest song of 2015 had to be Maroon 5's Sugar, personally I thought that this song was super catchy and fun to sing along with as well as having a great beat and vocals. Also this was a song that during the summer was played very often so it really followed me around every where I went, so during some of my highlights of the summer this song was playing at some point.


This may sound funny, but out of all the movies that came out this year, I gotta say shaun the sheep had to be my favorite. This is because many of the movies this year were really bad at doing one thing in my opinion, connecting to the audience.  Even the New Star Wars (Which was fantastic) still had trouble doing this. Shaun the Sheep the movie really pursues a sense of family, never giving up, tells a good story, and is quite funny.


The Terrorist Attacks In Paris, completely shook the whole world, and the world of media as well. This attack was one of the biggest news stories this year and was one that had everyone stop in their tracks. That day made me think about how sad it is that a person could become so messes up as to go commit suicide and bring hundreds of people with them. That day was a wake up call for the whole world to end this war on terror and to stand up against the brokenness of today.


I don't want to say that Abu Bakr was the most "important" person of 2015, but rather his actions and the actions of ISIS had the most impact on the world. They have spread terror and evil actions throughout the world, and their goal is to, quite frankly take over the world, but thats not at all whats going to happen.


2015 was a big year for the Freerunning (Parkour) community. Dk won the 2015 art of motion in santorini, Jesse Laflairs "OTE" series introduced more than 500,000 people to the art of parkour, and the freerunning film "From here to There" was released. I am a freerunner, which is why these events stuck out to me a lot personally.

Winter Break:
This winter break I released two new films on YouTube, went on many adventures, upgraded my computer so I can edit videos faster, and hung out with friends and family. Definitely was the best winter break I have has so far. This year I want to release more films than I did last year and I want to become a better traceur, runner, and leader for my youth group. I am looking forward to XC this year and to the many adventures that await for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment