Thursday, January 21, 2016

CE #4.2

1. How many students attend an AISD school? Page A1 "Austin district no longer...."
According to the article 84,591 students attend AISD.
2. How (not how much) will Big Ben State Park potentially grow by 578 acres? Page B1 "Big Bend State Park..."
Big Bend is planning on growing by exchanging land with a ranch owner on the other side of the boundary.
3. What are the Pantone colors of the year? Page SA2 "New top Pantone colors..."
The Patone colors of the year are Rose Quartz and Serenity Blue.
4. Do you know anyone who colors? What do you think about this new trend? Page D1 "Coloring Craze"
I love to draw and color, my friends don't tend to and I don't really know anyone who really likes coloring as much as I do. I think that this is an awesome trend because its such a simple idea that has so many beneficial features.
5. Which of these would you like to attend this weekend if you could? WHY? Page D2 "The Long Weekend"

Going to hear Deepak Chopra at the Paramount Theatre sounds really cool. I find that I take more away from inspirational speeches than I do going being forced to learn something. I think I would really connect with this guy and would be really interested to go.

The hottest year:
The article shows how this year has been a very weird year climate wise. How this year Texas received a lot of rain and was quite warm. They are pointing this out at global warming, and that its manly from emissions and green house gases. With these higher temperatures, the way of life in areas have to change. Farming and growing crops in an area that used to have great conditions would now be slowly be warming up and not have enough water to supply the plants. I personally do care about global warming, and it scares me a little that we are quite simply destroying our home. But yet often I try to push the thought away, and think that someone else will do it for me. The sad truth is that my perspective is very common, and its very inhuman, because with everyone thinking someone else will fix the problem, then it will never actually be solved. As a society, and as humans, we need to start being more selfless, and caring a lot more about this treasure of ours, cause it ain't going to fix itself. Any effort to help fix global warming is helpful, and there is a solution to stopping our pollution, and to killing our planet. Were just all going to have to work to figure out what exactly that is. Global warming is a fairly big issue, but as long as it doesn't seem like the world is heating up, no one is going to care.  Which is  like stated before is the bigger issue, we need to fix the problem now, so it doesn't grow into something we can't stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment