Friday, January 29, 2016

Fear - Freewrite

Being afraid of something is normal, but that doesn't mean its in control of one's life. Fear truly is a choice, on decides whether fear or their own courage and will decide the course of their life. There is a famous english writer by the name of Allen Watts. Most of the things he talks about question the beliefs and morals of the viewers and everyone alive in general. Allen asks the question " What do you think it will be like when you die?" He then answers his own question with another question, he says "Actually I have a better question, what do you think your life was like before you were born. These questions make people ponder their overall existence and what is to become of them. Which is interesting because those are harsh topics that should pronounce fear. Yet they are joked about, and not taken seriously until they are occurring and conflicting and individual, Its the centered aspect to fear. Allen is right though, these questions need to be pondered and answered. time moves swiftly and before an individual knows it, they are at the end of their journey. So with this knowledge of a limited life, and that death is always on our heels ready to pounce. What is their to be afraid of? Why be afraid of death if its going to happen whether we fear it or not. So should the logical choice be, to live a life achieving one's dreams and ambitions. The truth is that we are all dying, but its what you do while you are alive that defines who you are. So the only thing to be afraid of then, is yourself, because you choose how you live your life. Once an individual understands and agrees with these morals, then anything is possible. There are quite a lot of people in this world that agree with those morals. For me the person who showed me that my fears can be overcome and controlled by choice and will, was my best friend Murah. With him, and the new mindset he gave me, we went on adventures and dangerous journeys no other teenagers ever have and ever will, they are unique to our lives only. And right when I felt as if there was nothing to be afraid of anymore, and that life was perfect. Murah moved away, and my greatest fear blossomed exponentially. I was left in a desolate place of doubt, thinking I would never be able to see my best friend again. But I took control of my fear, and used it to convey a message that the rest of the world needed to hear. I did so by making a film of what Murah and I  did while he was here. I wanted the world to appreciate what they presently have in their lives, because nothing is permanent, not even fear. And in a way, fear is a good thing, If we never were afraid and uncomfortable with things, there would be no challenge in life. It would be a boring story to tell if there was no conflict. Why live a comfortable repetitive life, when you could have an action packed life that you will never forget. Why are people afraid of living the best life possible, its illogical. I personally know I am going to live my life to the fullest. I will not be afraid to do what it takes to accomplish my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment