Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Free-write #3

I would like to talk a little about about my background in photography and cinematography. I grew up, and a still growing up in a family that is deeply rooted with media. My grandparents are photographers, my brother and one of my cousins are film makers, and my father edits film, and takes pictures for church since he is a youth minister. In this media oriented family, I adapted to gain all of their separate skills and combine them. But thats not the whole story. I mad my first film when I was 6 years old, and I remember feeling so happy the way people responded to what I had created. Thats when my film story started. As the years went by my knowledge in editing and telling a story improved, to the point where I was getting together my friends and family with a script in my hand and 3 to 4 cameras in different spots. Usually none of those films worked out, but they did in my head, and i knew that one day I would be able to create the things I dreamed about, to be able to tell any story. In elementary school I would show my films to my classes, and everyone would laugh and smile. I created a name for myself, a reputation that nobody could take down or challenge. But all of the films I was creating at that time were silly, they had no real meaning or inspiration. Until middle school rolled around. I remember the day I opened the cabinet of the large clock in our house, only to realize two DSLR Nikon cameras were sitting at the bottom waiting. They had been forgotten about, by the previous owners of the house. Dust had accumulated on the cameras and I spent all day cleaning the cameras and sensors. Then I took my first photo, and I still have it, Here it is

I was saying hello to the new chapter of my life, where I would start taking my photography and films seriously, I had a deep inspiration that had been awakened. I also realized that none of this could have happened by luck or chance. There is no way I had been unintentional training all my life to become a film maker, and to along the way stumble upon everything I needed, Im not here to talk about my faith, but this is one of my very personal reasons I will always believe in God.
So as 8th grade year progressed, I published my first youtube video, and then my next one, and next.  And pretty soon people new people were saying hi to me at school, and I had become known as the inspirational kid. I had recreated the name that was already branded on me. And that summer I took a break from publishing films, I still made a butt ton, I just never realesed them. I call these the "Living it out" Archive. Because I felt like half the things I was inspring people to do I wasn't doing myself, So I put life in full gear and went to living it to the fullest, to never have another dull day. And made a few decent films freshman year first semester, but they still had less meaning to me. Until today, Now I am a Pro-Ametuer photographer and cinematographer, and just this past weekend i was editing 4 different films. I will be releasing "No Limit" which is a film about pushing past all limits and realizing you have none. I also got to work with Dells Children to make a film about their hospital and the things they do. Which will be released in the near future. The third film is "On My Way" which is a simple montage with a speech about always seeing the positive and happy in life. And the final film "Freedom" is about how an individuals freedom can only be achieved through their faith. Its been a heck of a week with all this editing and filming, but I finally feel lime im in high gear again, but this time I have a better understanding on how to do what I envision in my head. I think the next chapter after this summer of my life will be newspaper, and getting to make films for the school and tell more stories than just my own. Which gets me super pumped and excited because making all these films not only makes me feel happy and improve my skills, It will help me get into college and my career in the future since I have started at an incredible young age. Personally I know so many high schoolers who just focus on the now and don't even think twice about their future, when in reality to live now to the fullest you have to think about your future and your future depends on what you do right now! Just wanted to share a little bit of my backstory and who I am as a film maker and photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment