Tuesday, April 5, 2016

CE #5.3

1. How are AISD and the City of Austin working together to keep more money in the Austin community to use for schools? Be specific - Page A1 "City,Austin schools look for...."
The current plan is to initiate a limited tax swap, where certain parts of the school could be taken over and funded by the city.
2. How many years will it take California and NY to raise the minimum wage to $15? Page A4 "Calif., NY to phase in $15...."
By 2022 the minimum wage will be raised, thats 6 years total.
3. What school won the NCAA Men's basketball tournament last night and what was the final score? Page SE2 "Wildcats have finishing touch"
Villanova won the basketball tournament with 77 points against north carolinas 74 points.
4. Which of the 10 Amazing Destinations would you want to visit and why? Page SA1 "See the World" NOTE: This story jumps....
Out of the 10 I would probably choose Canada because of all the scenery, but for the adventure I would go somewhere like India or China.
5. Do you like idea of Instagram expanding videos from 15 second to 1 minute? Why or Why not? Page D1 "Instagram videos...."
From my point of view thats awesome because it will allow me to post longer clips of the adventures I go on, but at the same time It feels to long, I doubt many people will want to stay and watch a 640 by 640 video for longer than 30 seconds.

Short Answer: As we inch closer and closer to the final decisions being made on who will represent the two major political parties in the next Presidential election, I am curious where you stand today. I know we have written about this process and who is doing what in previous current events quizzes, but perhaps you have changed your mind or something has occurred since we last covered this topic. Please address both political parties when you write your answers to the following questions:

Who are the major candidates left in the races?
Are you supportive of a particular candidate? Why?
Do you think the United States is become more divided or more united as a whole as this process continues?
What concerns you most about this election?
What are the big topics you think are pushing the discussions these candidates are having?
Which topics are the most important to you?

Presidency:
Personally I do not pay much attention to Politics but I do know some basic facts and have my opinion on parts of the issue and concern. On the democratic side of the party the main two candidates left are Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders. For the Republicans Ted Cruz, John Kasich and Donald Trump are the main candidates. I am not really a certain supporter for any of the candidates because pretty much all of them have really big flaws that can either get our country into a lot of trouble, or send our country to destruction. Also I repeat, I do not pay much attention, so at the moment I do not think I would be fit enough to choose who I would think is the best candidate. I don't think the matter currently is tearing our country apart, it is creating some major drama, but nothing insane, at least not yet. Which is what I fear and concerns me the most, I think that a few of the candidates have the potential to make some very poor decisions. I especially don't like that basically every single major candidate has said they are to ban muslims from the United States, thats absolute discrimination and on "The Pyramid Of Hate" is not to far from becoming something much worse. Also the fact that they are focusing on the wrong things rather than the fact our country is $19 Trillion in debt and we haven't even slowed down one bit. The even larger topic is the sryian refuge crisis, the fact that many of them have the guts to even say, "we will let none in" makes me lose faith in humanity. every other country is taking in tons of people while we just sit around, when we are the ones who have the best infrastructure to support them. I really hope that the best president is chosen for our country and that nothing insane goes down, except insanely good things that benefit our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment