Friday, October 23, 2015

Current Events Quiz 2.2

1. The 2 theories of how the fire started in Bastrop was, someone going against the burn ban and accidentally started a fire, or a overheated wood shredder.
2. The reason Allen was nominated to receive the grammy prize is because he is a dillagent, hard worker who really cares for the students and the school.
3. The projected winner for the Formula 1 race is Lewis Hamilton.
4. They labeled the apples as, juicy, sweet, savory.
5. The items listed were , Wild rice, Good dark chocolate, Parmigiano Regianao, Smoked Paprika, Real vanilla, Maple syrup, Olive oil.
Digital Textbooks
This year as an incoming freshmen I had to get a textbook for english. I didn't think much of it since I never use textbooks anyways except for when the teacher asks us to use them and usually in that case we do it online. me and my parents have not thought of buying me a textbook for this year of highschool. I do not think that not having a textbook has been affecting my grades in anyway. Infact having instant online access to the textbook online has helped me. I believe that for the most part switching to digital information for school is a great choice but there are still situations where that can hurt us more than it will benefit. For example if the textbook goes down because its being revised or their web cite doesn't work then we won't have the textbooks. Which is why I think its smart that most teachers have additional textbooks in their classroom just incase something like this happened. I do believe that this transition of switching to online information for education in schools is going to happen all over the world due to all the ways it helps and benefits the students. Which is the exact reason they got rid of hardback textbooks, they weren't efficient enough, super expensive, and were underused.

No comments:

Post a Comment