Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Student of the Month Lede

Who?  Jaye Richards
What?  Won Student of the Month Award
Where? James Bowie High School
When? September 2015
Why? Academic Success and Involvement with the school.
How? Nominated by Student Counsel and Teachers.

Student Of The Month Story (NOT DONE YET)
Jaye Richards was nominated as Student of the Month by the student counsel at James Bowie High School for the month of September 2015 because of her academic success and involvement with the school.

"It feels great being student of the month!" Jaye said.

Jaye being nominated has affected the school in many different ways.

"This student has become an example and role model for other students of the school. It proves that if you try hard enough you can do very well!" Jayes English teacher Ms.Guillea exclaimed.

Jaye says that her accomplishment hasn't affected her social life and it seems that no one really cares that she was chosen.

"I am not treated differently, and only the other students who also wanted to be student of the month are the ones who really care" Jaye said.

Because of her accomplishment teachers are being more thorough and attentive to the student.

Jayes English Teacher said "As a teacher I do cut them less slack because they have proven to me that they are capable of doing what I ask so I try to keep challenging them and pushing them forward."

While Jaye believes that she earned student of the month, some others don't.

A member of the Student Counsel said "Personally, I do not think that this student has earned the privilege to be student of the month what so ever, the only thing that they have shown is arrogance and self pride."

Her english teacher also had a very similar view too.

"I would like to say that I am fairly proud of this student but I think they need to be more humble and thoughtful about it so they do not upset anyone." Ms.Guillea said.

Jaye plans on being student of the month again.

"I would like to be student of the month again and to do so I am going to keep doing what it is I am doing!" Jaye said

But the student counsel member harshly disagrees with Jaye.

"They never deserved to be student of the month in the first place!" exclaimed the student.

If Jaye was given the choice to choose not being student of the month she wouldn't have done it.

"No, I am very proud of my achievements and I worked for it." Jaye responded

Being student of the month has overall made her month better and she will remember this month.

"It has made my month better since I have been chosen, I will remember it forever." Jaye said.

There was something they all particularly agreed on though, none of them think students should be chosen at all as a student of the month for multiple reasons.

"In my opinion I do not believe that students should be selected because it can bring up bad situations and put the student in hard places like it has no. It would be better if instead of one person being singled out it was like an honor role where it has the top students of those categories." Ms. Guillea said

Jaye had a very similar perspective to her teachers.

"I don't feel students should be selected at all because it can cause conflict and jealousy among the students." Jaye said.




No comments:

Post a Comment