Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Additional Student Of The Month Interviews

Here are the Sources for my the interview
1. Student Counsel Member
2. A teacher of the student of the month
Here are the Questions I would have for a student member of the student counsel
1. Do you think they earned student of the month?
"Personally, I do not think that this student earned the privilege to be student of the month what so ever. They only thing they have shown is arrogance and self pride, they are a teachers pet and act different around adults to please and trick them to do what it is they want them to do."
2. How were they chosen?
"A handful of students were selected based on academic and athletic success, then the counsel voted who should be student of the month. I really didn't think this student would become student of the month, my hypothesis is that the student payed members of the counsel to vote for them."
3. Are you hoping they are student of the month again?
"Heck no, this person is way to prideful and arrogant, they never deserved to be student of the month in the first place."
4. Have you ever been student of the month?
"I have never been student of the month because I'm not the best academically compared to these students."
5. Is anyone else competing with the student?
"Like I said before, their were a few others who we could have chosen but didn't for some stupid unknown reason, in fact there were a few individuals who really did deserve to be student of the month and I highly respect them."
6. Are they treated differently?
"The student didn't have many friends in the first place due to their personality and the way they treat people, but because they were chosen teachers judge them more thoroughly."
For a teacher of theirs:
1. How does them being student of the month affect the school?
"This student has become an example and role model for the other students of the school, It proves that if you try hard enough you can do very well in many aspects."
2. Do people expect more from them now?
"As a teacher I do cut them less slack because they have proven to me they are capable of doing what I ask so I try to keep challenging them and pushing them forward."
3. Are they judged more critically?
"Just by seeing how this student socially acts around other students, all I can see is their being chosen just made the individual more prideful and is not helping him make friends or for people to want to talk to them."
4. Has the student ever thanked you?
"Actually no, and that frustrates me a little bit because I was one of the voters who voted for this student. The student appears to believe that they earned it by themselves and don't need my help."
5. Is their anything you personally want to say about the situation?
"I would like to say that I am fairly proud of this student for earning this title, but I think they need to be more humble and thoughtful about it so they do no upset anyone."
6. Do you think students should even be selected at all as student of the months?
"In my opinion I do not believe that students should be selected because it can bring up bad situations and put the student in hard places like it has now. It would be better if instead of one person being singled out it was like an honor role where it has the top students of those categories."

No comments:

Post a Comment