Monday, March 21, 2016

Every Second

This spring break was by far the best one of my life. Probably since I had a lot more freedom, was capable of doing more things, and had the equipment to share my experiences with the world.
The break started off with a nice trip to the falls, where I took long exposure pictures during the day of moving water. Since the photo was to bright I used a polarization and neutral density cap to lower the amount of light in the photo without changing the shutter speed or the aperture. I would share those photos but I cant email them to myself on school wifi.
The day after I went driving for the first time in my dads car, was a awesome experience. I thought that driving would be hard, I was right, partially. I also did a lot of filming for my new running film and spent the rest of the day editing. On sunday I went to church, edited some more, came up with a spring break plan, and then went to youth group, a pretty boring day to say the least.
Then monday came around and everything changed, I got up off my but and did some serious biking, running and parkour, was a very strength induced day. I also did some more editing for a film I would later release that week. On tuesday, I reconnected with a friend, Kaedon, I hadn't hung out with in quite a long time. We filmed a lot of parkour footage, did our first front flips and side flips on land. Then later that day slept over at my house and took some really interesting long exposure shots using UV light to illuminate subjects in the photo.
Not UV photo, just a long exposure from that night,(already had this photo)

Wednesday was similar to tuesday but I went to the pool and used their sandpit to even more flips, was an exciting day. At about 6 I headed off to my church to lead my youth group which had a small audience since most people were on vacation. On thursday most of my friends who were on vacation came back and we all went to the pool and did more flips. We also discovered such things as a portable trampoline, highly recommend buying one, the possibilites are endless. Friday comes around and im already feeling the nervousness of school coming back, but I push the thoughts away and enjoy what I have left. This is when stupid risk taking mode turned on. Friday was the day me and my friends did so many new parkour tricks and did things that don't really seem humanly possible. For example, me and Kaedon climbed a 3 story tree, and could see all the way to downtown. It was one of the most awesome stupid choices I have ever made, and as a photographer, of course I took pictures and video.
This is when a mentality of no limitation plugged into my head. So on saturday we hung an eno from one part of that tree to the other, and got in it. Ive never felt such an adrenaline rush in my life. After that I realized I had more than enough footage to put together a new film,  So I did. I spent practically my whole saturday in a dark living room editing, it was very painful, but worth it. I then released my film, "Every Second"

Which is mainly a montage of the recent adventures me and my friends have been on. Shows most of the things I talked about in this free-write and more. Highly suggest you go check it out, just go on youtube and look up "Jakilleen" and its my newest film.

No comments:

Post a Comment